Ander is reimagining the employee experience. Our unique platform and wearable unifies people—producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. Ander uses a combination of an online platform, wearables, and real-world activity to build relationships, promote health, increase productivity, and lower costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper—helping teams live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter.
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing employer resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
The role of the UX/UI Designer requires an understanding of human behavior in order to determine how consumers will interact with our experience. This role is one part designer and one part behaviorist. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
This role is deeply integrated into the process — beginning to end — working in agile teams collaborating with brand and marketing, product management, developers, copywriters, as well as economy, systems, and game designers.
Ander is a rapidly growing early-stage technology company that operates a fast-paced, agile and collaborative work environment. Each sprint teams self-organize to deliver day in and day out. This role will actively evolve the entire Ander experience. You will be responsible for:
- Creating engaging, innovative, emotional and transformative experiences, both through digital and real-world touch points.
- Work with our cross-functional team to deliver against strategic goals through the design and execution of a comprehensive user experience.
- Empathetically break down human behavior patterns into logical steps as a seamless experience, and deliver clear documentation.
- Collaborate and lead user research, design sprints, user testing, etc. as well as evaluating/interpreting user feedback.
- Create, improve and maintain wireframes, interface designs, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Develop, organize and maintain specifications, personas, scenarios, navigation maps and other design documentation.
- Consistently deliver fresh ideas and concepts to keep the brand current and dynamic.
- Creative problem solver: be able to define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions and develop marketing and graphic concepts to address the challenge
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and enjoy working on a variety of project types. You have 2-4 years of experience as UX/UI Designer with broad problem solving and interpretive capabilities, as well as …
- Proven ability as a collaborator and thought leader, engaging a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, sales people and marketers to establish and realize a vision.
- Proven track record for delivering both quality and innovation.
- 2-4 years graphic and digital design experience.
- Able to prioritize many tasks and deadlines with multiple departments and teams.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and efficiency in standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, etc.)
- Excellent time-management, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant design, art direction and/or artistic skills
- A design test and/or additional sample material may be required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.