Senior Brand Designer
Ander is reimagining the employee experience. Our unique platform and wearable unifies people—producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. Ander uses a combination of an online platform, wearables, and real-world activity to build relationships, promote health, increase productivity, and lower costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper—helping teams live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter.
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing employer resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
As Senior Brand Designer you will own the visual expression and manifestations of all aspects of the Ander brand — sales and marketing to social media and product oversight. As an early-stage startup, Ander needs to dramatically evolve its brand identity across all facets of the business and user experience. This role is highly integrated into the team, so you will be highly collaborative with the game mechanics and economy design aspects of the experience, working closely with the community management team to understand emerging trends, and partner with the data and informatics team to interpret motive and user interests. The Brand Designer will be responsible for developing a distinct brand identity that serves our vision, our customer, our users, and ultimately is a lot of fun!
Ander is a rapidly growing early-stage technology company that operates a fast-paced, agile and collaborative work environment. Each sprint teams self-organize to deliver day in and day out. This role will own the ongoing evolution of the Ander brand. You will be responsible for:
- Creating engaging, innovative, emotional and transformative experiences, both through digital and real-world touch points.
- Consistently deliver fresh ideas and concepts to keep the brand current and dynamic.
- Work with our cross-functional team to deliver against strategic goals through the design and execution of digital and print assets to support branding, marketing, and innovation projects (e.g., brand evolution, social assets, presentations, site page designs, etc.).
- Be a leader and provide design guidance to peers and developing designers.
- Provide creative direction and oversight on brand, digital, print and video projects.
- Own brand designs from initial concept creation to final sign-off.
- Design for a wide variety of mediums including web, email, digital marketing and advertising, social media, sales collateral, direct response campaigns and more.
- Ability to carry sales or marketing concepts across multiple pieces as part of a complete campaign.
- Develop, update, and maintain marketing and sales collateral to ensure brand consistency.
- Creative problem solver: be able to define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions and develop marketing and graphic concepts to address the challenge
- Stay up to date with latest trends to keep the company in the forefront of design.
You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and enjoy working on a variety of project types. You have 5-7 years of experience as visual designer with broad capabilities and refined skill including brand, typography, marketing and advertising, digital and web, presentations and general collateral, as well as …
- Proven ability as a collaborator and thought leader, engaging a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, sales people and marketers to establish and realize a vision.
- Proven track record for delivering both quality and innovation.
- 5-7 years graphic and digital design experience.
- Proven history and portfolio including brand, digital, marketing, social media and print collateral.
- Able to prioritize many tasks and deadlines with multiple departments and teams.
- Are passionate about branding and storytelling to creating compelling user experience, and marketing and social campaigns
- Comprehensive working knowledge and efficiency in standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, etc.)
- Keen understanding of graphic / web design principles and current web technologies (HTML / CSS)
- Familiarity with standard digital marketing guidelines for creating marketing assets (e.g., Facebook images, YouTube graphics, etc.)
- Excellent time-management, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant design, art direction and/or artistic skills
- A design test and/or additional sample material may be required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.