Full Stack Engineer
Ander reimagines the employee experience. Our unique platform unifies people, producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. It promotes health, increases productivity, and lowers costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper — helping your team live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing your resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages your employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
What we're looking for
You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. You have 5-7 or more years of experience, including ...
- ETL Development for Data Warehousing/BI
- Building responsive, beautiful mobile and web applications
- Building and leading lean teams, including outsource partners
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a lean team, including outsourced engineers, in ETL Development for data warehousing/BI and in building responsive, mobile friendly and beautiful web applications.
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Write efficient set-based SQL, ultimately on multi-terabyte data sets.
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment (e.g. SVN, Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Ability to own and design customer driven features from the database to the css, and understand the broader system impact.
- Work towards implementing tools such as Microstrategy, Informatica, Redshift, Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse, Tableau, etc., explaining the pros and cons of snowflake/star schemas, how to build a slowly changing dimensions, and the benefit of a BI semantic layer and data visualization.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5-7 years software engineering experience.
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…).
- Experience with object oriented design and building backend applications with REST API
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, continual integration, etc…).
- Experience with performance optimization techniques.
Additional preferred competencies
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience.
- DevOps experience in a cloud environment.
- Experience in, or demonstrable understanding of, game industry.
- Exposure to agile development methodologies and familiarity with scrum planning tools (e.g. Jira).
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…).
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…).
- Experience with continuous build and integration process workflows (e.g. SVN, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo, Junit).
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino).
- Front-End performance optimization.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.