Front End Developer
Ander reimagines the employee experience. Our unique platform unifies people, producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. It promotes health, increases productivity, and lowers costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper — helping your team live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing your resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages your employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
What we're looking for
You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. You have 3-5 or more years of experience, including ...
- Developing new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
What you'll be doing
- Build responsive, beautiful mobile and web applications.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Be part of a lean and growing team, including outsourced peers.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with full stack engineers, product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow front end developers.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team.
What you'll bring to the table
- 3-5 years software engineering experience.
- Front-End performance optimization.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and OS compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of developing and publishing iOS and Android applications.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
Additional preferred competencies
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience.
- Experience in, or demonstrable understanding of, game industry.
- Exposure to agile development methodologies and familiarity with scrum planning tools (e.g. Jira).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.