Ander is reimagining the employee experience. Our unique platform and wearable unifies people—producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. Ander uses a combination of an online platform, wearables, and real-world activity to build relationships, promote health, increase productivity, and lower costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper—helping teams live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter.
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing employer resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
The Data Analyst uses data to oversee, nurture, and drive Ander’s community, product, and business strategy. Identify opportunities, synthesize data, and communicate to and empower the Ander team through timely, validated, actionable data, visualization, and analysis. The Data Analyst will strive to ensure Ander meets the highest data quality standards and demonstrates uncompromising adherence to data privacy regulations.
- Effectively engage internal and external stakeholders in the process of understanding and actioning Ander’s data. Turn problems into projects, information into intelligence, and insight into business decisions that drive engagement.
- Work with product and company leadership to understand goals, implement KPIs, design accessible reporting and deliver thoughtful analysis.
- Create and iterate dashboards and self-serve tools to drive near-real-time feedback from Ander products and community.
- Analyze data and make decisions on data sets in order to inform product development, optimize engagement, and transform the lives of individuals and communities.
- Work with product leadership to create and execute, then analyze experiments in user experience, interface, and usability.
- Understand the user-behavioral drivers and community clusters through combining Ander data with second and third party datasets.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, durable, and performant code base and analytics toolset.
- Define and deploy best practices for research, forecasting, analytics, and data visualization.
- Stay current with best practices in data quality management, including adherence to data privacy laws and regulations.
- BA/BS in a field that emphasized data analysis and visualization
- Fluent in SQL, able to create and work with complex object relationships.
- Competence in Python, and/or R.
- Experience delivering timely business intelligence through Tableau, Shiney, Excel (pivot tables, conditional formulas and formatting, macros), and other tools.
- Confident in data management, especially aggregating, normalizing, validating, and conducting analysis and reporting using data from multiple systems.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, genuine curiosity, analytical thinking, fastidiousness, high pattern recognition, and the ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, continuous integration).
- Commitment to precision. Passion for results.
Additional Preferred Competencies
- C++, Java, HTML, CSS, D3.js
- Experience in Oracle, Hadoop, or Snowflake
- Experience developing and utilizing supervised and semi-supervised ML to deliver results for real-world problems and applications.
- Background or experience in people-data, healthcare, finance, economics, social analytics, or game development.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.