Ander reimagines the employee experience. Our unique platform unifies people, producing cohesive teams and peers who bring out the best in each other. It promotes health, increases productivity, and lowers costs. We help employees thrive and companies prosper — helping your team live stronger. And play harder. And work smarter
We focus on how to best serve individual users by nurturing genuine connections, harmonizing work and life, and driving measurable behavior change. Our platform provides the tools and information to boost employee participation and simplify compliance—all without taxing your resources. A customizable ecosystem of learning, challenges, and rewards engages your employees in meaningful ways to help them to maximize their individual goals and outcomes.
As Art Lead you understand how to lead a team to deliver visual and audio art that makes a game fun, rewarding and valuable to its customers, using entertainment to influence behavior. You lead your world-class art team in a fast-growing company, providing the art and sound for crossplatform delivery. You take responsibility for team management and mentoring to achieve high production values and totally enthralling experiences. Your concept art demonstrates how you illustrate a vision and your track record of fan-favorite content shows your successes. We expect highly collaborative, flexible, motivated and approachable candidates who depend on their excellent communication skills honed through delivery of public-pleasing entertainment.
What we’re looking for
You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. You have 5-7 or more years’ experience as and Artist, Lead Artist or Art Director, preferably in games, apps, websites, branding or similar creative software development and…
- Proven ability leading artists in delivering apps, websites or games by providing clear, consistent artistic oversight, including technical specs for internal and external use.
- Proven track record for delivering quality and performance.
- Experience working with external development and manufacturing partners.
- Experience delivering across multiple platforms, whether digital (e.g. iOS, Android, web) or traditional (e.g. printed materials, merchandise, hard goods).
- Experience building a high-performance team of artists through collaboration and mentorship.
What you’ll be doing
- Refining and expressing a unified artistic vision, style and quality standards to be used across apps, websites and consumer materials (e.g. merchandise, packaging, launch dressing and giveaways).
- Providing clear, concise, consistent and timely artistic direction, guidance and feedback across all aspects of art development including graphics, visual effects, sound effects, print, web and more.
- Developing style guides and reference materials to provide the team, our partners, and larger organization a clear understanding of the visual identity and direction of the project and outlining specifications for successful delivery.
- Developing and implementing mind-blowing cross-channel product and launch campaigns, designing a wide range of assets: everything from app and web content; marketing banners, landing pages, emails, and web pages, to eBooks, reports, investor presentations, and more.
- Collaborating with artists, designers and engineers (both internal and external) to create those amazing experiences.
- Partnering with production to build, evaluate and revise art schedules and manage art initiatives and budgets.
- Supporting, mentoring and inspiring the art team to realize overall goals and deliver a successful content updates and expansions on time.
- Developing new workflows that will kick our key products up a notch. You’ll use your up-to-date expertise of app, web and game design trends and KPIs to lead your art teammates to glory.
What you’ll bring to the table
- A natural collaborator and a multi-tasking maestro. You can collaborate with anyone internally or externally, from implementors to C-levels, and you love working alongside many disciplines. You feel at home when there’s a lot going on, and you know that giving and receiving feedback is the cornerstone of any good creative process.
- 7+ years of artistic leadership on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped products (e.g. games, consumer electronics, mobile apps) as Art Director, from concept through release.
- Broad experience, including multi-platform and real time art disciplines, for example: concept, UI/UX (apps, web, games), graphics (print, web), VFX, SFX and asset optimization for multiple platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, web).
- Strong creative vision, with an excellent eye for artistic quality and knowledge of techniques and technologies used to achieve specific visual targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a broad range of non-realistic styles, within technical constraints, using proprietary systems and tools
- Solid understanding of fundamental design elements, color theory, drawing and painting.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with a collaborative, team player attitude
- Calm, positive and professional attitude while working with multiple release schedules, with multiple partners and therefore under multiple deadlines
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate complex visual ideas with clarity and conviction. Strong hands-on abilities in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art.
- Experience working, partnering and fostering productive relationships with established brands and IP holders
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D game development tools including, but not limited to: Creative Suite, 3ds Max, Maya, and perhaps some common game tools such as Subtance and ZBrush.
- Willingness to learn, evaluate and evangelize appropriate usage of new software, tools and technologies.
- Experience working successfully with one or more outsource partners as an integral and visually consistent part of the project pipeline
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook.
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines.
- Skills in managing people, projects and resources.
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant art direction and/or artistic skills
- An art test and/or additional artistic sample material may be required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Ander is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.